1. Press “POWER” or the “ON” button on the TV remote control (should have the name of the TV manufacturer on the front)
2. Wait 15-20 seconds for the TV to turn on. Use the TV remote to change the TV to channel 3.
3. Use the cable remote control (should have the name of the cable company on the front) and press “CABLE” on the top of the remote, then press “ON” or the “ALL ON” button.
4. Use the cable remote control to change the channels.
5. If the TV does not turn on, turn the TV and cable box off and start at Step 1 again.
If you have a cable convertor box or a satellite receiver box:
If you have a cable box, then you should have two remote controls: one for the TV to change the settings and turn the TV to channel 3 to receive the cable signal, the other to change the channels and volume settings.
1. Look for loose power cords. Make sure all cords are plugged in all the way.
2. If a light switch on the wall controls the power outlet, make sure the switch is in the ON position.
3. Check the batteries in the remote control by doing the following: Press the power button on the front panel of the equipment. Use the remote control to turn off the TV or cable box. If it does not turn off, then change the batteries in the remote control.
4. Make sure the DVD player is off (If applicable).
5. Use the remote for the TV and make sure the TV is set to channel 3.
6. Use the TV remote and press the “menu or input” button and make sure the input is set to “cable or HDMI.”
7. Power cycle the cable box by pushing the “power” button on the cable box and also unplug the box from the electrical outlet. Leave the box off for a full two minutes before you plug it back in and turn it on. Wait for all of the lights on the box to stop blinking and then, using the cable remote, select the desired channel.
If you do not have a cable converter box or a satellite receiver box:
You will only have one remote to control the TV if you do not have a cable box.
1. Make sure the DVD player is off (if applicable)
2. Make sure the TV is set to channel 3 by using the TV remote
3. Press the “menu” button on the TV remote and make sure the input is set to “cable or HDMI”
If you are still having difficulties with your cable TV, please contact the Guest Services team at 1-800-974-2280 Extension 202.
If the modem loses signal:
1. Turn your computer or laptop off.
2. Unplug the modem and wireless router from their power source. Unplug the Ethernet cord. Wait one full minute.
3. Plug the modem back into the power source and plug in the Ethernet cord. Wait for the lights to come on.
4. Plug the router back into the power source and wait for the lights to come on.
5. The modem should be re-set. Turn your computer or laptop on and try to connect to the wireless internet using the network name and password that has been provided to you.
If you are still having difficulties with your internet, please contact the Guest Services team at 1-800-974-2280 Extension 202.